The Environmentally Friendly Benefits of Electric Hand Dryers
Reasons to Love Electric Hand Dryers
Electric hand dryers are everywhere these days. From sports stadiums and convention centers to restaurants, bars, places of worship, car dealerships, schools, shopping malls, and office buildings, the always-reliable electric hand dryer has become a typical go-to product in public restrooms throughout the nation. This is chiefly due to an increasing awareness of the necessity of environmentally friendly products and equipment, as well as a concerted effort to move away from the wastefulness of paper towel products.
The technology behind electric hand dryers for commercial and industrial facilities has greatly improved in recent years, making them a no-brainer alternative to paper towels. For example, the energy to operate an electric hand dryer is less than 10 percent of the average cost to mass produce paper towel products, especially when you bear in mind other associated factors, such as labor and storage costs. There are many startling facts when it comes to the paper towel versus electric hand dryer debate:
- In the U.S., more than 2.5 million tons of paper towels are used every year
- More than 15 trees are cut down for every 2,000 pounds of paper towel products produced
- The average lifespan of a single electric dryer can save more than 20 trees from being cut down
- Almost 3 percent of all landfill matter in North America consists of discarded paper towels, since they can only be used once before they are thrown away
- More than 30 percent of water present in U.S. landfills is due to discarded paper towels
- It is estimated that the production of paper towels generates 35 percent more acid rain
- In regards to greenhouse gas emissions, portable and wall mounted electric dryers create 35g of greenhouse gas emissions. In contrast, paper towels create 56g of greenhouse emissions
Another environmentally friendly benefit of electric hand dryers over paper towel products is that paper towels need to be thrown away, creating soggy piles of trash that have to be regularly removed, often on a round-the-clock basis when busy restrooms experience high levels of foot traffic. Given that wet paper towels can be a substantial source of bacteria, restrooms with paper towels instead of electric hand dryers have to be cleaned more frequently, meaning more work for the cleaning and maintenance crews.
Energy-efficient electric hand dryer technology helps to reduce electricity costs and cut carbon emissions, offering a far greener alternative to paper towels in the long term. Many businesses save money if the restrooms have electric hand dryers instead of paper towels. Williams Direct Dryers offers many different types of electric dryer models, from boot and shoe dryers to electric glove and PPE clothes dryers. If you would like more information about the state-of-the-art electric dryers we provide for commercial, residential and industrial use, please call 866-534-4696 or contact us onlinetoday.